The way we visit with friends and loved ones has changed dramatically in recent months. There are many precautions to consider to keep others safe such as employing social distancing, wearing masks, etc. In response, Country Meadows is using creativity to safely re-open and nurture the bonds between residents and their family and friends, where able.
Country Meadows recognizes the value of social visitation to connect our residents with loved ones, friends and families. As campuses move through various phases of re-opening as mandated by the Pennsylvania and Maryland Departments of Health, residents and co-workers we are thrilled to invite visitors onto our grounds to connect with loved ones. Campuses have adapted spaces to accommodate:
• Socially distant, outdoor visitation
• Modified window visitation using technology to allow residents and family to hear one another clearly while maintaining a high standard of safety
• Video chats.
All visits must be scheduled in advance so co-workers can monitor and effectively sanitize spaces between visits. Protocols to keep in mind when scheduling a visit include:
• Visitation is limited to two adults and one child under the age of 12. Adult visitors must be able to manage any child in accompaniment.
• All visitors over the age of 2 and all residents must wear masks. Facemasks will be provided by the facility if the visitor(s) or resident cannot provide their own.
• All visitors and residents must respect social distancing, and avoid hugging or hand-holding.
• All visitors must sign in prior to their visit, including sharing their name and contact information and must sign out when they depart.
• Visitors will be screened for risk factors per the facility visitor screening tool and will be temperature checked. Any visitor who does not pass the screening will not be allowed to visit.
• Visitors must practice hand hygiene prior to a visit, and hand sanitizer will be made available by the facility.
• Visitors are asked to avoid bringing personal possessions to the visit, and no items may be passed to the resident during the visit.
Because each of our campuses is operating in different areas, it’s likely that many of our retirement communities will be in differing phases of re-opening. Our Corona Task Force and executive team members have introduced action plans as we enter and exit each phase of this pandemic so that each campus operates based on the safety guidelines in place at the moment. In addition to visitation, these plans include which dining options will be open to residents, transportation services available, social distance group activity updates, and more.
It is important to note that the various phases in which a campus is operating can change if a positive COVID test result is returned on campus. To view the latest information about a particular campus location, visit www.CountryMeadows.com/Alerts, and select your individual campus location on the right-hand side of the page.
Click here for detailed information on visitation protocols at Country Meadows.