Dealing with grief and other emotional challenges during the holiday season
The winter holiday season can present special challenges, especially to individuals experiencing grief and loss. This is particularly relevant in 2020 as our holiday traditions may not be realized as COVID-19 limits our interactions with loved ones.
As part of our “Leading the Way for YOU” educational video speaker series, Executive Director of Spiritual Life, Rev. West, a trained counselor and ordained minister, shares why L.E.S.S. is more during the holidays. While the holidays may not be the most wonderful time of year for some, they still can be meaningful. He shares a sense of hope through topics such as:
- Addressing loss, grief, expectations and emotional challenges
- Anticipating grief and turning it into a positive
- Identifying and dealing with depleting relationships
- Finding coping techniques like support systems, resources and spirituality
- Celebrating the holiday season with a loved one with dementia
Be sure to view other videos and helpful tips here. We are here for you to answer any questions or provide options for you and your family.
This educational resource is available for our sister, not-for-profit community in Harrisburg, Ecumenical Retirement Community as well.