Request Info
Schedule a Tour Our Careers
Country Meadows Retirement Community for senior living ask us

Looking for Assisted Living in PA?

Many people look for retirement communities with assisted living. In the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, there is a difference between Assisted Living and Personal Care services. Each has its own licensure requirements: Assisted Living Residences are licensed by the Office of Long-Term Living while Personal Care Homes by the Department of Public Welfare. Essentially they differ in three ways: concept, construction and level of care. An assisted living community can care for a resident longer as he or she ages in place ("concept") before skilled nursing care is necessary. But in order to do so, the community must build out its construction accordingly and have additional staff assistance to provide that higher level of care.

In reality, many larger personal care home companies (like Country Meadows) with existing communities meet most of the assisted living residence requirements but haven't made the switch.

At Country Meadows, all of or Pennsylvania locations offer Personal Care.

If you are looking for assisted living in PA, please consider our locations that offer Personal Care such as Allentown, Bethlehem,Hershey, Lancaster, the South Hills of Pittsburgh, Mechanicsburg, Wyomissing, York-South, and York-West.

Assisted Living in PA will be offered at our Forks location starting summer of 2016.