After You Say "Yes"
There are many senior living options in west York, Pennsylvania. We understand and are thankful to our residents who make our community their home. It is a privilege to serve them.
We help families understand the available options, answer any questions and address any concerns during the decision-making stage. Once a resident and family decide we are the right fit, we strive to be just as helpful in the move-in transition.
If preparing for a nursing home short-term stay or moving into a retirement community, you can expect changes. Whether the family lives out of town, the resident requires much assistance or there's still a high level of anxiety, we are experienced in just about every scenario and are prepared to help make you or your loved one feel at home as soon as possible.
Our Welcome Home Preparation
Country Meadows of York-West offers a range of care levels and amenities. In turn, we have multiple teams and resources to accommodate residents. You can expect the following after choosing us:
Before moving in
The family and resident (if able) will
- Review and sign a resident agreement
- Determine a move-in date
(if needed, we can assist in finding moving professionals)
- Supply detailed information about the resident's preferences, needs and goals to acquaint and help our staff support the resident to be as independent and active as he or she chooses. This information is added to the overall care plan for us to monitor and be aware of any family concerns.
- Coordinate a physician's visit within the required time with the marketing team and obtain the necessary paperwork
- (In person or via phone if the family is not local) Participate in a pre-move-in meeting with our team to review transition details including care, daily routines and medication(s). This gives the family an opportunity to know the team who will be supporting their loved one and share any concerns or requests prior to the move-in.
Upon moving in
The resident is
- Welcomed by an appointed Ambassador to introduce him or her to new neighbors, answer any questions, show the resident around, choose preferred activities, provide any one-on-one support that day and proudly be that "first friend" the resident surely will be glad to see thereafter
- Introduced by the management team to his or her dining companions
- Visited by our York-West department directors in dining, fitness, community life and chaplaincy
- Invited to join resident-led committees by dining or community life teams
After moving in
- Attends monthly fireside chats with our York-West management team to learn of community updates and news, ask any questions or voice concerns
While these are scheduled monthly forums, residents are welcome and invited to approach and talk to our staff, including management, at any time
- Is welcome to invite family and friends as his or her guests to events, activities and meals
- Is encouraged to participate in one or more programs that support fellow residents or members of our local community
After the last change of address cards are mailed and personal item unpacked, we hope new residents quickly feel at home. Because after all, it is their home.
Contact our team in west York, Pennsylvania any day of the week for a personalized visit to see some of these wonderful homes. Our residents are proud and would enjoy showing them to you.