After You Say "Yes"
We know there are many senior living options in south York, Pennsylvania. In turn we are grateful to our residents who chose to make our community their home. Serving them is a privilege.
We help families understand their options and answer their questions during the decision-making phase. Once a resident and family determine we are the right fit, we aim to be just as helpful in the move-in transition.
If preparing for a nursing home short-term stay or moving into a retirement community, you can expect changes. Whether the resident requires much assistance, the family lives out of town or there's still a high level of anxiety, we are experienced in just about every situation and are prepared to help make you or your loved one feel at home as soon as possible.
Our Welcome Home Preparation
Country Meadows of York-South offers a range of care levels and amenities. With that, we have multiple teams and resources to accommodate residents. Here's what you can expect upon choosing us:
Before moving in
The family and resident (if able) will
- Review and sign a resident agreement
- Determine a move-in date
(if needed, we can assist in finding moving professionals)
- Provide detailed information about the resident's needs, preferences and goals to acquaint and help our staff support the resident to be as active and independent as he or she chooses. Then this information is added to the overall care plan for us to monitor and be aware of any family concerns.
- Coordinate with the marketing team a physician's visit within the required time and obtain the necessary paperwork
- (In person or via phone if the family is not local) Conduct a pre-move-in meeting with our team to review transition details including daily routines, care and medication(s). This gives the family an opportunity to know the team who will be supporting their loved one and share any concerns or requests prior to the move-in.
Upon moving in
The resident is
- Visited by our York-South department directors in fitness, dining, community life and chaplaincy
- Welcomed by an appointed Ambassador to show the resident around, answer any questions, introduce him or her to new neighbors, choose preferred activities, provide any one-on-one support that day and proudly be that "first friend" the resident surely will be glad to see thereafter
- Invited to join resident-led committees by community life or dining teams
- Introduced by the management team to his or her dining companions
After moving in
- Attends monthly fireside chats with our York-South management team to learn of community updates and news, ask any questions or voice concerns
Though these are scheduled monthly forums, residents are welcome and invited to approach and talk to our staff, including management, at any time
- Is welcome to invite friends and family as his or her guests to meals, activities and events
- Is encouraged to participate in one or more programs that support fellow residents or members of our local community
After the last personal item is unpacked and change of address cards mailed, we hope new residents quickly feel at home. Because after all, it is their home.
Our residents are proud of their homes and would enjoy showing them to you. Reach out to our team in south York, Pennsylvania any day of the week to set up a personalized visit. We look forward to meeting you.