After You Say "Yes"
We know there are many senior living options in South Hills of Pittsburgh, so we are grateful to our residents who made our community their home. We consider serving them a privilege.
We help families understand their options and answer their questions during the decision-making phase. Once a resident and family determine we are the right fit, we aim to be just as helpful in the move-in transition.
If preparing for a nursing home short-term stay or moving into a retirement community, you can expect changes. Whether the family lives out of town, the resident requires much assistance or there's still a high level of anxiety, we are experienced in just about every scenario and are prepared to help make you or your loved one feel at home as soon as possible.
Our Welcome Home Preparation
Country Meadows of South Hills of Pittsburgh offers a range of care levels and amenities. With that, we have multiple teams and resources to accommodate residents. You can expect the following upon selecting us:
Before moving in
The family and resident (if able) will
- Review and sign a resident agreement
- Determine a move-in date
(if needed, we can assist in finding moving professionals)
- Coordinate a physician's visit with the marketing team within the required time and obtain the necessary paperwork
- Provide detailed information about the resident's preferences, goals and needs to acquaint and help our staff support the resident to be as active and independent as he or she chooses. This information then is added to the overall care plan for us to monitor and be aware of any family concerns.
- (In person or via phone if the family is not local) Participate in a pre-move-in meeting with our team to review transition details including care, medication(s) and daily routines. This gives the family an opportunity to know the team who will be supporting their loved one and share any concerns or requests prior to the move-in.
Upon moving in
The resident is
- Welcomed by an appointed Ambassador to introduce him or her to new neighbors, show the resident around, answer any questions, choose preferred activities, provide any one-on-one support that day and proudly be that "first friend" the resident surely will be glad to see thereafter
- Invited to join resident-led committees by dining or community life teams
- Visited by our South Hills department directors in community life, fitness, dining and chaplaincy
- Introduced to his or her dining companions by the management team
After moving in
- Attends monthly fireside chats with our South Hills management team to learn of community updates and news, ask any questions or voice concerns
While these are scheduled monthly forums, residents are welcome and invited to approach and talk to our staff, including management, at any time
- Is welcome to invite friends and family as his or her guests to events, activities and meals
- Is encouraged to participate in one or more programs that support fellow residents or members of our local community
After the last personal item is unpacked and change of address cards mailed, we hope new residents quickly feel at home. Because after all, it is their home.
Speaking of home, our residents are proud of theirs and would enjoy showing them to you. Reach out to our South Hills of Pittsburgh team any day of the week to set up a personalized visit. We look forward to meeting you.