After You Say "Yes"
There are many lifestyle options in the Harrisburg-Mechanicsburg-Carlisle area from independent living communities to skilled nursing facilities, and we are grateful to our residents who have chosen to make our community their home. Serving and caring for each of them is a privilege.
We help families understand their options during the decision-making stage and answer any questions they may have. Once a resident and family determine we are the right fit, we strive to be just as helpful in the move-in transition.
You can expect changes whether preparing for a nursing home short-term stay or moving into a retirement community. No matter if the family lives out of town, the resident requires much assistance or there's still a high level of anxiety, we are experienced in just about every scenario and are prepared to help make you or your loved one feel at home as soon as possible.
Our Welcome Home Preparation
Unlike preparing for a nursing home ("skilled nursing facility"), Country Meadows of Mechanicsburg offers a range of care services and amenities. As such, we have multiple teams and resources to accommodate residents. You can expect the following upon choosing us:
Before moving in
The family and resident (if able) will
- Review and sign a resident agreement
- Determine a move-in date
(if needed, we can assist in finding moving professionals)
- Provide detailed information about the resident's needs, preferences and goals to acquaint and help our staff support the resident to be as active and independent as he or she chooses. Then this information is added to the overall care plan for us to monitor and be aware of any family concerns.
- Coordinate a physician's visit with the marketing team within the required time and obtain the necessary paperwork
- (In person or via phone if the family is not local) Participate in a pre-move-in meeting with our team to review transition details including care, daily routines and medication(s). This gives the family a chance to know the team who will be supporting their loved one and share any requests or concerns prior to moving in.
Upon moving in
The resident is
- Welcomed by an appointed Ambassador to show the resident around, answer any questions, introduce him or her to new neighbors, choose preferred activities, provide any one-on-one support that day and proudly be that "first friend" the resident surely will be glad to see thereafter
- Invited by community life or dining teams to join resident-led committees
- Visited by our Mechanicsburg department directors in fitness, dining, community life and chaplaincy
- Introduced to his or her dining companions by the management team
After moving in
- Is encouraged to participate in one or more programs that support fellow residents or members of our local community
- Is welcome to invite friends and family as his or her guests to activities, events and meals
- Attends monthly fireside chats with our Mechanicsburg management team to learn of community updates and news, ask any questions or voice concerns
Though these are scheduled monthly forums, residents are welcome and invited to approach and talk to our staff, including management, at any time
After the last personal item is unpacked and change of address cards mailed, we hope new residents quickly feel at home. Because after all, it is their home.
At your convenience, schedule a personalized visit for any day of the week. Our residents are proud of their home and would enjoy showing it to you. We look forward to welcoming you.