After You Say "Yes"
First and foremost, we are grateful to our residents who chose to make our community their home. We know there are many options in Lancaster from independent living communities to skilled nursing facilities so it is a privilege to serve and care for each of residents.
Many conversations take place during the decision-making stage. Once a resident and family determine we are the right choice, we aim to be just as helpful in the move-in transition.
No matter if preparing for a nursing home short-term stay or moving into a retirement community, you can expect change. We're experienced in just about every scenario. Whether the resident requires much assistance, the family lives out of town or there's still a high level of anxiety, we are prepared to help make you or your loved one feel at home as soon as possible.
Our Welcome Home Preparation
Unlike preparing for a nursing home ("skilled nursing facility"), Country Meadows of Lancaster offers a range of care levels and amenities. As such, we have multiple teams and resources to accommodate residents. Here's what you can expect upon choosing us:
Before moving in
The family and resident (if able) will
- Review and sign a resident agreement
- Determine a move-in date
(if needed, we can assist in finding moving professionals)
- Provide detailed information about the resident's preferences, goals and needs to acquaint our staff and help us support the resident. Then this is added to the overall care plan for us to monitor and be aware of any family concerns.
- Coordinate a physician's visit with the marketing team within the required time and obtain the necessary paperwork
- (In person or via phone if the family is not local) Hold a pre-move-in meeting with our team to review transition details including care, medication(s) and daily routine. The purpose is to give the family a chance to know the team who will be supporting their loved one and share any requests or concerns prior to moving in.
Upon moving in
The resident is
- Welcomed by an appointed Ambassador to show the him or her around, introduce to new neighbors, choose preferred activities, answer any questions, provide any one-on-one support that day and proudly be that "first friend" the resident surely will be glad to see thereafter
- Visited by our Lancaster department directors in dining, fitness, community life and chaplaincy
- Introduced to his or her dining companions by the management team
- Invited by dining or community life teams to join resident-led committees
After moving in
- Attends monthly fireside chats with our Lancaster management team to learn of community updates and news, ask any questions or voice concerns
While these are scheduled monthly forums, residents are welcome and invited to approach and talk to our staff, including management, at any time
- Is welcome to invite friends and family as his or her guests to activities, events and meals
- Is encouraged to partake in one or more programs that support fellow residents or members of our local community
After the last box is emptied and change of address cards mailed, we hope new residents quickly feel at home. Because after all, it is their home.
Our residents are among the most wonderful people you will ever meet. Contact us any day of the week to schedule a personalized visit to meet them. We look forward to meeting you.