After You Say "Yes"
We know there are many options in Central Pennsylvania from independent living communities to skilled nursing facilities, so we are grateful to our residents who chose to make our community their home. It is a privilege to serve and care for each of them.
We help families understand their options and answer their questions during the decision-making phase. Once a resident and family determine we are the right fit, we strive to be just as helpful in the move-in transition.
You can expect changes no matter if preparing for a nursing home short-term stay or moving into a retirement community. Whether the resident requires much assistance, the family lives out of town or there's still a high level of anxiety, we are experienced in just about every scenario and are prepared to help make you or your loved one feel at home as soon as possible.
Our Welcome Home Preparation
Unlike preparing for a nursing home ("skilled nursing facility"), Country Meadows of Hershey offers a range of care levels and amenities. As such, we have multiple teams and resources to accommodate residents. Here's what you can expect upon choosing us:
Before moving in
The family and resident (if able) will
- Review and sign a resident agreement
- Determine a move-in date
(if needed, we can assist in finding moving professionals)
- Supply detailed information about the resident's preferences, needs and goals to acquaint and help our staff support the resident to be as independent and active as he or she chooses. This information is added to the overall care plan for us to monitor and be aware of any family concerns.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to coordinate a physician's visit within the required time and obtain the necessary paperwork
- (In person or via phone if the family is not local) Conduct a pre-move-in meeting with our team to review transition details including daily routines, care and medication(s). This gives the family a chance to know the team who will be supporting their loved one and share any requests or concerns prior to moving in.
Upon moving in
The resident is
- Welcomed by an appointed Ambassador to introduce him or her to new neighbors, show the resident around, answer any questions, choose preferred activities, provide any one-on-one support that day and proudly be that "first friend" the resident surely will be glad to see thereafter
- Introduced to his or her dining companions by the management team
- Invited by dining or community life teams to join resident-led committees
- Visited by our Hershey department directors in dining, fitness, community life and chaplaincy
After moving in
- Is welcome to invite friends and family as his or her guests to events, activities and meals
- Attends monthly fireside chats with our Hershey management team to learn of community updates and news, ask any questions or voice concerns
While these are scheduled monthly forums, residents are welcome and invited to approach and talk to our staff, including management, at any time
- Is encouraged to participate in one or more programs that support fellow residents or members of our local community
After the last personal item is unpacked and change of address cards mailed, we hope new residents quickly feel at home. Because after all, it is their home.
Our residents are proud of their home and would enjoy showing it to you. Contact us to set up a personalized visit for any day of the week. We look forward to welcoming you.