After You Say "Yes"
We know there are many options in Frederick from independent and assisted living communities to skilled nursing facilities. That's why we are grateful to our residents who chose to make our community their home. For every resident, we consider it a privilege to serve and care for them.
We help families sort through the options and questions in the decision-making stage. Once a resident and family determine we are the right choice, we aim to be just as helpful in the move-in transition.
Whether preparing for a nursing home short-term stay or moving into a retirement community, you can expect changes. We are experienced in just about every scenario. Whether the family lives out of town, the resident requires much assistance or there's still a high level of anxiety, we are prepared to help make you or your loved one feel at home as soon as possible.
Our Welcome Home Preparation
Unlike preparing for a nursing home ("skilled nursing facility"), Country Meadows of Frederick offers a range of care levels and amenities. As such, we have multiple teams and resources to accommodate residents. Here's what you can expect upon choosing us:
Before moving in
The family and resident (if able) will
- Review and sign a resident agreement
- Determine a move-in date
(we can suggest moving professionals, if needed)
- Provide detailed information about the resident's preferences, goals and need to acquaint our staff and help us support the resident to be as active and independent as he or she chooses. Then this is added to the overall care plan for our staff to monitor and be aware of any family concerns.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to coordinate a physician's visit within the required time and obtain the necessary paperwork
- (In person or via phone if the family is not local) Hold a pre-move-in meeting with our team to discuss transition details including care, daily routines and medication(s). This way the family has the chance to know the team who will be supporting their loved one and share any requests or concerns prior to moving in.
Upon moving in
The resident is
- Welcomed by an appointed Ambassador to introduce him or her to new neighbors, answer any questions, choose preferred activities, show the resident around, provide any one-on-one support that day and proudly be that "first friend" the resident surely will be glad to see thereafter
- Introduced to his or her dining companions by the management team
- Visited by our Frederick department directors in community life, chaplaincy, dining and fitness
- Invited by community life or dining teams to join resident-led committees
After moving in
- Is welcome to invite family and friends as his or her guests to events, activities and meals
- Attends monthly fireside chats with our Frederick management team to ask any questions, learn of community updates and news or voice concerns
While these are scheduled monthly forums, at any time residents are welcome and invited to approach and talk to our staff, including management.
- Is encouraged to take part in one or more programs that support fellow residents or members of our local community
After the last box is unpacked and change of address cards mailed, we hope new residents quickly feel at home. Because after all, it is their home.
Since our residents are proud of their home, they would love the chance to show you how they made it their own. Set up a personalized visit today for any day of the week.